Kotaku announced that they are holding a pre TGS party here. If you are in Tokyo and going, please contact me so we can arrange to go together.
I came across the Dev Diaries of Assassin’s Creed II and the game looks great. Gameplay looks as clean as Cinematic scenes. Here are the videos:
I guess I should make a legal disclaimer that I’m an immature investor who lost more money than he made in the Stock market so don’t take my word for stock tips. However, I like to share my analysis and get people’s opinions and feedback on what I think is going on in the industry.
So I think Activision-Blizzard stock is definitely worth buying right now. Based on their sales figures and potential for 2010, analysts expect an upside of about 25-30% on the stock price.
Activision Blizzard reported better than expected results driven by Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises as well as World of Warcraft. During a challenging economic climate, Activision Blizzard was the #1 U.S. third-party console and handheld publisher3.For the first half of 2009,Activision Blizzard had two of the top-five best-selling titles in the U.S.A and Europe – Guitar Hero World Tour and Call of Duty: World at War.
Before I left the US, I had a good chat with several friends including Mark Deloura about the future of Sony and their potential next steps and where their market is headed. Now that I’m in Tokyo, I got to attend the Sony Developer Conference and saw up close and personal some of their efforts from their mother land office.
Here some interesting evidence that Sony is heading the right direction:
– More PSN offerings including
– PS1 and PS2 games
– General media content including first party exclusive programming like Qore and many other media offerings from 3rd parties
– Enhanced PS1 and PS3 re-releases on Blu-Ray. For example the God Of War 1&2 games for the PS3(announced here)
– PS3 price cut and large hard drive capacity along with a slimmer (and faster model)
– A great line up of exclusive and non-exclusive games scheduled for 2009 and 2010 including: Heavy Rain (exclusive), Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive to Sony in Japan), Final Fantasy Vs XIII (exclusive to Sony everywhere), The Agency, God Of War III (exclusive), Uncharted 2(exclusive), Assassin’s Creed 2(non-exclusive) and Assassin’s Creed PSP(exclusive obviously)
– Sony is investing in new technologies like Facial and photo recognition (announced here) also as we know they have demonstrated the Sony motion controller
– Potential PS Phone (check here and here)
– Sony will introduce 3D LCDs by 2010 (check here)
Well after all that, I still have not answered the question. Is it a good time to buy Sony stock? I think the answer is yes. Its based on evidence that Sony has been trying to cut a lot of fat and increase their PS3 sales. Now the issue is that Sony is a huge company and their gaming sector is only a portion of their business so if they do well in games, that does not mean that the company will do well overall. I would like to add more analysis here but I gotta head to CEDEC tomorrow. So what do you think?